The Intercollegiate Band (ICB) provides students with a unique opportunity to work with a renowned conductor and collaborate with quality musicians from throughout the western U. S. and Canada. Students from 4-year and 2-year institutions are eligible. The rehearsals take place during the biannual Western/Northwestern combined divisions CBDNA Conference and culminate in a performance as the final event of the conference.
The rehearsals take place during the biannual Western/Northwesterncombined divisionsCBDNA Conference and culminate in a performance as the final event of the conference.
Who is eligible
- Undergraduate or graduate students who are acurrent members of their college/university instrumental program located within the Western or Northwestern CBDNA division(AK, AZ, HI, ID, MT, NV, OR, UT, WA, WY, British Columbia or Alberta).
- Directors must be a current member of CBDNA.
- Nominate below. No audition required.
- March 18-21, 202 (Full Schedule)
- University of Puget Sound, Tacoma, WA – School of Music, Schneebeck Hall
- Paula Crider, Professor Emerita, University of Texas at Austin.
- Active guest conductor, lecturer and clinician throughout North America, Europe, Asia, and Australia.
- Widely published author of conducting and music education articles, manuals, and books.
- Registration: $75 per student.
- Transportation, food, and lodging are the responsibility of each school’s director and/or participating students.
- Call for ICB Nominations: Oct. 3, 2019
- Nominations due: Nov. 8, 2019
- Bill Date for participation fees: Nov. 15, 2019
- Due Date for participation fees: Dec. 13, 2019
- Conference Hotel: Hotel Murano
- Reservation Deadline: Feb. 1, 2020.
- Block name: “CBDNA Participant”.
- To help reduce cost, we will assist in housing students with those from other schools. This will only be a service at the Hotel Murano.
- Directors are encouraged to nominate skilled instrumentalists and consider balanced instrumentation.
- James Smart – Northwestern CBDNA President Elect, University of Montana firstname.lastname@example.org
- Paul Cummings – Western CBDNA President Elect Humboldt State University email@example.com